Roses Falls Beautifully
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ring of the Nibelungs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ladyraymond
AntiBug Bunny
AntiBug Bunny
ladyraymond

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2006-11-17

The Ring of the Nibelungs Empty
PostSubject: The Ring of the Nibelungs   The Ring of the Nibelungs Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 3:30 am

The Ring of the Nibelungs Ryo_21

This manga is inspired from the adaption by Richard Wagner of the Nordic Saga. Riyoko Ikeda made only the scenario, the drawings are by Erika Miyamoto.

The story quite looks like The Lord of the Rings. The legend of the Ring of the Nibelungs tells that it gives terrible powers to its possessor, powers which only the Gods have.
I don't know more except that the hero's called Sigfrid. This is the very last manga by Riyoko Ikeda, three volumes were published in 2001 and it seems to be still uncompleted.
Back to top Go down
nant
AntiFersen Kat
AntiFersen Kat
nant

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2006-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ring of the Nibelungs   The Ring of the Nibelungs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 4:11 am

The legend of the Ring of the Nibelungs is a tragedy story.

Well it is quite difficult to tell the whole story. But if you like I tell you the spoiler Shy

And yes you're right it seems like The Lord of the Rings, because all disaster was happened because of the greediness, and the power of the ring. Somehow it is different in the details and there are more romantic matters than LOTR Blink

Wow, I wish I could read this manga

Anyway, do you agree with me right now? Ikeda likes sad stories though.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ladyraymond
AntiBug Bunny
AntiBug Bunny
ladyraymond

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: The Ring of the Nibelungs   The Ring of the Nibelungs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 4:14 am

Well you can't expect a happy end from her do you?
Back to top Go down
nant
AntiFersen Kat
AntiFersen Kat
nant

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2006-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ring of the Nibelungs   The Ring of the Nibelungs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 4:16 am

Hahaha right!!
Back to top Go down
dianne_dejarjayes
Little LadyBird
Little LadyBird
dianne_dejarjayes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Ring of the Nibelungs   The Ring of the Nibelungs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 6:00 am

I like Riyoko because of that awe she always write very sad and beautiful story Blink

usually I dont like sad ending, but she the only one mangaka who I love, altough she always wrote sad ending Blink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dian_ladyredrose
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ring of the Nibelungs   The Ring of the Nibelungs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ring of the Nibelungs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roses Falls Beautifully :: Other Works by Riyoko Ikeda :: Other Works-
Jump to: