Roses Falls Beautifully
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mary Read.... a real pirate!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady_Arryeinne
Royal Executioner
Royal Executioner
Lady_Arryeinne

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2006-12-08

Mary Read.... a real pirate! Empty
PostSubject: Mary Read.... a real pirate!   Mary Read.... a real pirate! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Some time ago I made a search in the Internet about women that disguise themselves as men in some time in History and serve in the army...
There was many "Oscars"... only with different names they were "Mark" "James" "Tom" or "John" but all strong courageous women that make a stand in their time!
One in particular catch my admiration her name was Mary Read or Mark Read as many know her, she was like "our" Oscar raise to be a boy, not by her Father but by her mother that lost a baby boy months before Mary was born, so her mother disguise her as her dead son to receive a heritage from the boy grandmother!
Well Mary grown up as a boy, and went to war were served for 4 years as a cavalry and foot soldier, wend she fall in love with a colleague and confess to him her gender... they married after the war, was end Mary had her calm life as a woman, but her husband died and she was forced to go to the army again, but didn't stay there for long joining a ship as a helper.
Soon after her ship was captured by pirates, and them her pirate life begun wend she joined Calico Jack crew...

Well here, it is a link with her biography if you want to learn more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Read

I'm trying to develop a "graphic novel" project with her story but is just a small idea!
Back to top Go down
http://ladyarryeinne.deviantart.com/gallery/
nant
AntiFersen Kat
AntiFersen Kat
nant

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2006-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Mary Read.... a real pirate!   Mary Read.... a real pirate! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:49 pm

Lady_Arryeinne wrote:
I'm trying to develop a "graphic novel" project with her story but is just a small idea!

Ah... finally, you brought it out. I really thought you gave up this project already. Good that you still keep it in mind awe
Back to top Go down
Julius von Alensmeier
Tears
Tears
Julius von Alensmeier

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mary Read.... a real pirate!   Mary Read.... a real pirate! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 4:45 pm

In France a writer called Mireille Camel wrote a novel on her life. I haven't read it by I really love the story of Mary Read and her friend, an other pirate woman, Anne Bonny.
I would be glad to see your " grafic novel"!
Back to top Go down
Clarice
The King's Secret Lover
The King's Secret Lover
Clarice

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2006-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mary Read.... a real pirate!   Mary Read.... a real pirate! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 9:31 pm

@patt

Well I know it because of you too. Blink
But I wait when one day the movie/serie comes. Shoking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Read.... a real pirate!   Mary Read.... a real pirate! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mary Read.... a real pirate!
Page 1 of 1